Sunday, May 10, 2009

Storytime

Cuileann did this first, as she usually tends to do. :)

I went to a pretty conservative, small, private Baptist school from kindergarten til fourth grade. This in no way reflects my religious associations, it was just close and they'd have me as a student. I had missed the cutoff for the nearby public school, and my parents didn't want me to wait another year (because I am a genius, duh. :P), so they enrolled me.

Fast forward a few years to grade three. I was a terror for most of my pre high-school career, and by that I mean I was one of the merciless kids who'd give you the cold shoulder and laugh with the popular crowd. And since I went to such a small school, me and my best friend pretty much were the popular crowd at the time. But anyway.

So it's lunchtime and this doofy boy named Nicholas is sitting at our table, drinking a soda. He gets up and leaves for a bit, and myself and my best friend, Sarah, sit and observe in various degrees of horror and amusement as a bee comes flying over to our table to sample the soda, subsequently falling into the open can. Nicholas comes back, and before we could say anything (not that we were going to), he takes a long, deep drink from the soda can. The two of us sitting there, eyes wide and trying not to laugh outright, observe as he gulps, and then merely coughs twice.

To this day, I cannot for the life of me explain it.

Your turn. :)

3 Comments:

Q May 11, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

I think I'll blog my story.

Holly May 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Nicholas clearly had secret powers.

That happened to my friend once but it stung her tongue and she spat it out. Much messier.

Morgan Miller May 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

I will never believe this story!
Never!
You did not see a kid swallow a bee!

And I laughed with amusement when you posted it here.

You should have just posted:
"I once knew a boy who swallowed a bee, I don't know why he swallowed a bee, perhaps he'll... pee."

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP