Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Thursday" or "lonely owl-night" or "Owl Eye Echoes"

There is an owl in my neighborhood.
I can hear him as I sit here,
grasping the air that I didn't realize I needed.
He screeches, echoing in the suburban waffle-work,
stopping and starting like the frogs, like the crickets never do;
like a telegram.
Come outside. Stop. I miss you. Stop.
And I lay back on the cement, heedless of spiders,
watching the rotation of the earth reflected in the stars.

(thanks to the lovely Summermoon for the second title)

8 Comments:

Maya Ganesan May 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

You know what? I think you've delayed this for too long. YOU HAVE TO BE PUBLISHED.

Priya May 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

This is one of the nicest poems I've ever read.

Morgan Miller May 15, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Where is Graber?

I love this.

Odessa May 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

i love this. especially the telegram part.

Cassandra May 17, 2009 at 2:30 AM  

Thank you VERY much, everyone. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP