Friday, June 20, 2008

Daylight Robbery

Good morning!

No link, the user removed all the vids! o.o But it's more Imogen Heap, mwehehehe.

I'm in Alaska, and it's absolutely amazing here! I'm having difficulty just finding one outstanding picture from yesterday to post in this entry, so maybe I'll have to settle for two. Or three.


Anyway, the reason I picked the song I did (other than it being by Imogen Heap, and thus awesome and addicting) is because of the strange sun cycles up here. It's like Alaska stole all the sunlight from everywhere else and kept it burning. Seriously, I've been up past midnight both nights so far, and I have yet to see the stars. And it's not just because of the cloud-cover, either.

We were flying here from Seattle (we left at 9 and the sun was just setting! Crazy.) and it was the trippiest thing ever, because it never got dark. It was like we were chasing daylight. We landed around 11:30, and there was still no sign of the sun leaving, even though the clouds did diminish the light. I don't even know if it got dark at all.

Yesterday we did some sight-seeing, and drove roughly 3 hours from where we're staying in Anchorage to Kenai Fjords National Park. We hung around Seward for a bit, and then we drove to see a glacier! The hike to get there wasn't so bad, but it did take a long time because my grandparents are with us and we had to help them along.


There it is. The picture doesn't really show much of the pretty blue, but you can see tinges of it there around the holes and cracks in the middle.

It's so beautiful and green here; such a change for me, Southern Californian that I am, hahaha!

Oh! And we saw a moose as we were driving back to the hotel last night! I took a few pictures, but the uploader on this thing is so annoying and screws up my format, so I'll just include it en masse when I put them up on Photobucket for you guys to take a look at within the next few weeks. =D

Enjoy your day!

2 Comments:

Patrice June 20, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Wow! Thats so beautiful! I hope the rest of your trip is nice:)

Holly June 21, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

Looks stunningly beautiful!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP