Thursday, June 5, 2008

Breathe Me

...Because I know I'm still having trouble breathing. The song is by Sia.

And now, some poetry.

Play the soundtrack
To my broken heart.
Not because I am
Unable, no, because
I want you to.
It’s fitting, you see.
And I long so much
To take you, to make
The music stop and
Start, a new song
Swelling to a deep
Crescendo from within
My heart, the
Sweetest music ever
Heard. And I long so much
To hear your music, the
Answering chords plucked
And picked in your soul,
To pretend I am the only
One to ever hear such
Melody, such harmony,
And revel in the thought.
But I’ll never hear it, and
Neither shall you, not with
Things as they are, such
Distance separating us,
Emotionally, physically.
I wish it weren’t so.
And it’s all my fault.
So go on, play your music,
I’ll stand watching, waiting,
Always waiting, playing the
Soundtrack to my
Broken heart.

0 Comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP