Sunday, June 15, 2008

All of Me

Song written and performed (flawlessly....) by Jon Schmidt, a genius on piano. Seriously, watch the man play. It's amazing. It's the first song on the video clip, but you should listen to the rest, because it's pretty. =)

Anyway...

I think I've come to something of a realization.

I don't let people see who I am most of the time. Or, at least, pick and choose aspects of my personality.

It's weird, because I think I know someone really well, then I do something, and they end up being surprised. Like, I was hanging out with Darah and Teresa last night along with Morgan. I haven't seen them in ages, and I was definitely looking forward to it, most definitely. We went out to dinner and watched a movie ("Kung Fu Panda", what a strange but cute and rather good film). Anyway, so after the movie we were walking to the parking lot and I cracked a 'that's what she said' joke. It was honestly one of the best moments to say that phrase I've heard in a long time. They laughed, but then Darah and Teresa are acting all surprised, like it was the last thing I'd ever do in my life. Morgan quickly contradicted this view, however; she's heard me say it more, heheh. I mean, it was fun, don't get me wrong, but this one tiny (hilarious) incident got me thinking.

Compounded with that, Jessica was babysitting the cute little boy from church I go on about all the time on Friday night, and one of the first things she told me when she got home: "Britany (the mom, who's only in her early 20s) wants to hook you up with someone."

"...........What? Why?"

"I dunno, she just likes to do that sort of thing. We were talking; she says you're too quiet, that you never talk."

"...I talk to her all the time."

"She said, 'I mean, you're supposed to be quiet in church, but seriously.'"

"....And what does hooking me up with someone have to do with anything?"

"I dunno. And I told her that people called you the gutter. Haha, that you recently got upgraded to 'the sewer', too. She didn't believe me."

I mean, I don't know Britany as well as I'd like, but I can't help but see a trend here: people tend to think I'm somewhat of a quiet, unprepossessing good-girl sort of person. At least, that's what I get from all this. I mean, even when I'm talking to Matt about things, he tries to avoid telling me something potentially graphic, even though I ask. Honestly? I may be innocent, but not that innocent. I want to see them take a tour of my mind sometime; they wouldn't believe it. Even just reading some of my writing, sheesh...

I don't know. Most of it is probably my own doing, this persona that most people see. It's annoying, though. And I'm not quite sure how to get rid of it without doing something stupid and potentially endangering to my good repute. We'll see, though.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant. It must get cumbersome and tedious.

3 Comments:

Zatarra June 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Quiet? You?? ....*snort* xD just kidding, haha.

I bet the whole "that's what she said" thing had a lot to do with just the fact that you don't see them all that often, and so they don't know our jokes with that. But then again, not expecting it from you whatsoever is a different story....

o.o oh man. Getting offered to be hooked up is always soooo awkward....

I can relate to the whole sheltering thing, too. I doubt it has anything to do with your personality itself; if your case is like mine, it's because you're religious. I get it all the time, the "this isn't meant for Catholic ears" crap that just prompts a wtf. It doesn't really matter how innocent or not you act, they'll still do it. I'm actually surprised Matt will even go there, I'd think he'd be different....

But yeah, dearie, there's not much you can do about it personality wise, and if you stopped going to church or something along those lines they'll just start making "the good girl has fallen to the dark side" jokes. All I can tell you to do is tell them off, especially people like Matt--I probably wouldn't do it to your church friend, lol, I think that's just because she only sees one side of you...which can be alright, you don't want to be your loud self in church--that they should know you well enough by now to know what phases you and what doesn't, and shame on them if they're too stupid to have figured it out after all this time.

o.o this was kind of a long comment...oh well. ;D

Luv!

Cassandra June 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

^ Hehehe. I like long comments. =D

Anonymous,  June 22, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Ha ha, I totally know what you mean about the good-girl image thing. Welcome to my life! I hate when people try to tone things down for me because I'm the good girl and I wouldn't get it or they don't want to tarnish my innocence or something.

PS: I don't think you're stalkish for finding my blog :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP