Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Coldplay splurge, and other ruminations

You know, I'm not even sure I just used "ruminations" correctly. It sure sounds cool, though.

Yes. For the past... three days, I've been listening to nothing but Coldplay. Actually, that's a lie. But you get the idea.

More specifically, I've been listening to their latest album "Viva la Vida". It's lovely, it really is. I'm not sure exactly why I'm so attached to this album right now, but I can't get enough of it. In fact, I'm listening to it right now, right at this very moment as I am sitting at this computer consul in my school's very odd-looking library.

Seriously. You should see it. It's very odd.

Short story unit finally started today in my Creative Writing class. It was a bit disappointing, though, to start it off by showing up late for the first time since the semester started. I guess that's what happens when you're getting to bed after one in the morning after chatting online with certain people, only to find yourself suddenly wide-awake at 5:45 am. Then fighting to get back to sleep, only to have that take forever...

Ahem. Pardon my wandering thought processes, it's a recent occurrence that I'm not liking too much right now.

It was also a bit of a disappointment to walk into my class, only to look around and find that my new favorite person in class is absent for the third or fourth time in a row. I love this guy, seriously. He reminds me of a younger Remus Lupin (sorry... if you haven't read Harry Potter, you won't get what I'm talking about here) minus, you know, the werewolf thing. He's very quirky, and I'd love to get to know him better. *crosses fingers* Only, that doesn't work out so well if he's not in class.

Hmm. What else, what else...

Oh, yes. I wrote a short story today. Yes, you read that right: short story, not a fanfic. I'm rather proud of it, actually, despite the fact that half of it is taken from something that actually happened, and my professor said not to do non-fiction. Oh well. It's not like she's going to know that happened, anyway, so it's all good.

Also, I have to re-emphasize the fact that I believe the male gender is totally and completely whack. I think you'd agree with me if you had lived in my head for the past few days.

That's about it for now. Until next time, then...

"I remain, gentlemen, your obedient servant,
O.G."

4 Comments:

Maya October 28, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Well, it does mean to ponder. It also means to chew food that was already swallowed for those animals with rumens. Oh, animal science.

*gasp* He wasn't in class?! Meh...

Jessie October 28, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

aha. so there is a particular member of the male species, is there? well if he's like lupin then that makes him friggen amazing.
what's the short story about? i'm rather intrigued.

J.N. Future Author October 29, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Coldplay DOES = good ^.^

i love Viva la Vida! its sooo good!
i also like
-clocks
-yellow

if you like viva la vida, check out Human by the Killers!

(this is my music vid of Human, watch it, i promise cross my heart its worth it! and dont let the name put you down, its a great song! like viva la vida)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NssmJzgtjxE

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP