Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surprising.

You know what's actually incredibly fun, that I've never really done seriously before?

...Outlining a novel.

No, I'm completely serious. Gone are the days of freewriting a story that just happens to turn out novel-length. (Well.... eheh. Maybe that's gonna take a while...)

The reason I say such things is because I started doing my NaNo outline yesterday in a fit of boredom and lacking things to do. And... it was highly entertaining. Then again, it could just be my topic that I've decided on doing, or the rather quirky characters that are slowly coming to fruition in my brain. I mean... with names like Phoenix and Starflower, where can you go wrong?

But then there's regular old Robert, my main character. And then I realize it must not be only the names that are doing it for me. It's also a royal pain to find a last name for him. (Any ideas?)

The thing that's not so fun about NaNo is the rule about not being able to actually write any part of the novel before November 1st. So the snippets of dialogue floating around in my head yesterday? I can only hope they'll return with a bunch of their buddies for the big party in a month and a half.

In other news, the 3 hours of Heroes last night was completely and awesomely epic. :D

3 Comments:

Q October 5, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Jones. Robert Jones. Thoroughly normal.

Cassandra October 5, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

^ I was actually keeping away from Jones, since I know a Robert Jones, and, to be completely honest, he's kinda annoying. ^^ But thanks for the suggestion and stopping by! :D

Donne October 28, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

If you want to stick with normal, Smith, Johnson, Baker, and Peterson are all regular picks.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP