Monday, August 4, 2008

Guh.

Okay, so..... Stephenie Meyer just really needs to stop.

I read Breaking Dawn. It was good, but not overly so. The best part is Book Two, because (surprise surprise!) it's not in Bella's POV. Okay. Done with the Twilight series.

Then I'm talking to Matt about her today, and he tells me that she's planning on doing sequels to The Host?

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?

Not one sequel. No. Two. Two more books.

Why?

Do we really need them? No, we don't. The Host was good! I liked it better than the Twilight books, to be honest. And if she ruins Wanderer and Ian by expanding on them...... grr. I'll be so mad. I think the only reason I'd pick the sequels up is if they're about other people, maybe mentioning Wanderer and Co. to give some reference.

But seriously? I'm upset. And, to quote Matt (roughly): "She's getting out a book a year, and that worries me."

Shouldn't it?

5 Comments:

Holly August 4, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Can't comment, as I haven't read The Host, but overly...dang, can't think of the word but it sounds like proliferate and means writes too many books too quickly :P...writers make me skeptical too. Like Meg Cabot. She writes like seven books a year.

Patrice August 4, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Hmmm, I'm not really sure if I want more Host books. I loved The Host, but I think it might work better as a stand alone.

Maya August 4, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

I knew it. She's taking over the world with her warped mind.

GungaDin August 4, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

I would like to clarify my quote... When I said she's cranking out a book a year, that means that she's writing one Twilight book a year... AND she wrote The Host in the inbetween time... In the past three years she's written over 3,000 pages over the course of five books... That's insanely insane... How she can keep up quality by writing so fast is beyond me... I mean, I can understand getting stuff out to your fans... But then you're writing it to appease them, not the story in your mind that needs to be told...

P.S. I don't like her.

ShelbDazzle August 4, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

I love your blog it is so cool!
you seem like your very down to earth person.
I like the title to your blog to
it's very deep.
keep in touch :P
~SelEnA*~

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP