Thursday, June 12, 2008

Clear the Area

More Imogen Heap, because I am seriously addicted to that album. I don't want to know how many times I've listened to it since Tuesday. Also, this user on the youtube vid has the rest of the album uploaded in the same format, so go check it out, yo!

I was going to write yesterday, but Morgan and Kenny and Athan, a few friends of hers that I know, came and "kidnapped" me last night and we went to this place known as 'the Ghost of Cypress Creek'. Long story short, this creek had to be diverted when people were developing the area, so they stuck it in a tunnel underground. It was insane! We could hear the traffic rolling over the manholes on the street above us, and the reverb in there was incredible. We also sat down at one point and turned off our flashlights--pitch darkness. I want to go there again. :D

After that, we went over to our friend David's house and listened to a Sufjan Stevens album he had managed to get on vinyl. It was really amusing, because he was all excited about such old technology. Not that I'm dissing vinyl or anything, I thought it was pretty cool, too. Just not as much as David, haha.

All in all, I got back home around two in the morning, and my computer was off, so, no entry. What I was going to write about got expelled from my head, anyway, and for that I'm very glad.

You see, I think I'm having an emotional relapse. Yesterday was especially bad, I just couldn't help myself when I was thinking about him. *sigh* It's difficult to explain. I just... don't want it to be there anymore. I know it'll take time, but I think this past week (well, after last Thursday, anyway) has been a bit deceiving. I'm just glad Morgan decided to take me along on their adventure yesterday; wallowing in self-pity as I most surely would have been doesn't sound appealing at all.

Hopefully things will get better--I leave for Alaska next Wednesday! Woo! I've already started packing, hehe. I'm paranoid I'll end up over-packing, considering the state of the section of my closet that I've designated as cruise-worthy. ^_^

I think that's about it for now... oh! Congrats to the Class of '08! :D Graduation was today, at least in the local district. It's weird to think of so many friends (and certain others, ahem) all graduated now.

Anyway... have a great Friday the 13th tomorrow! I want to have a creepy adventure, but I'm not sure how that is going to work out. I think the most exciting thing that's going to happen is camera shopping, haha. Speaking of which... pics (all 6 of them, woo) from the Bro-Am can be viewed here. Enjoy. =)

2 Comments:

Holly June 13, 2008 at 1:38 AM  

Huzzah for Alaska and friends who rescue one from one's emotions! :) (I'm dreadfully prone to wallowing myself...)

Cassandra June 13, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Huzzah indeed! Wallowing is just so tedious sometimes, yet oddly satisfying. Hmph. Humans...

Oh, by the way, thanks for the add on facebook! Nice to see you in another corner of cyberspace. =D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP