Friday, June 6, 2008

Awakening

In honor of Switchfoot Friday (every first friday of the month), today's song is "Awakening" off their most recent release, "Oh! Gravity." I'm so excited I get to see them tomorrow at the Bro-Am!!

I also think the song is appropriate for a number of other reasons. It kind of feels like I'm waking up. It's quite lovely and liberating. Plus, the lyrics are just awesome. =)

Today was fun. I hung out with Maya, and we checked out her new apartment in La Jolla that she'll be living in over the summer (swank-town! I'm so jealous.), then we went to the beach and walked around and talked, during which I acquired yet another sunburn. After that, we walked around downtown La Jolla while waiting for a call from her friend, Jen, who we were going to meet up with at UCSD, where we spent some time just wandering and ate dinner. We rounded it all off with some wanderings about UTC mall with some of Jen's friends.

I notice a trend here. We tend to wander around a lot... ^_^

I'm pretty worn out with all this wandering, so I might turn in early and save all my energy for tomorrow. Free concert at the beach! Surfers! Food! Friends! Fun! ...Did I mention surfers? ;P

Til tomorrow, then.

2 Comments:

Holly June 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

Oh, you get to see Switchfoot - lucky!

By the why, I can't remember if I've commented here before and said so, but I came here by way of Patrice's blog. :)

Patrice June 7, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

Oh I don't mind at all. I love it when people review my stories! :)
I haven't heard anything off the new Switchfoot album, I'll have to check it out.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP